LISTEN AGAIN PLAYER

Thursday 16 April 2009

MOBILE PARTY


bus anywhere in the country and you will witness a regret ion in personal stereo technology. Whether it’s the number 26 caught in hackney to London Bridge, or the number 50 from Birmingham city centre to Moseley. You will have to listen to a tinny muffled version of Basshunter or some high energy ‘bounce’ track that has probably got a ‘donk’ on it.

So what’s happened? The personal has gone from personal stereo. The teenage masses do not believe in the headphones. Why? Do they want to give us a nice gesture in the morning, wake us up with a rejuvenating dose of ‘grime’? I think not, its seems to be some sort of pre pubescent territoriality. “My donks bigger than your donk.” And may god help you if you get stuck in the middle of a ‘donk off’. Then its sounds like being trapped in a baked bean tin that’s been lodged behind a speaker in the back of a club, as these 'chavs ' fight it out for there sonic transport superiority.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not an old grouch, I love fast hard electronic music, but not at 8.30 in the morning being played through a 3mm speaker. And neither does anyone else seems to who is sitting around me. “Say something!” I hear you cry, but the tabloid press has painted such a picture of these 'hoodies' I dare not for being gang stamped. And the driver says if they are not fighting then he doesn’t want anything to do with it.  So its ‘Tss tss tss tss tss” all the way to the destination. Well if you can’t beat them join them. Tomorrow I will step aboard the mobile party known as the no 25 and attempt to out donk. Dutch industrial gabber anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers